Monday, 28 April 2014

Track of the Day: Roman IV (Roman Flügel) - 'Cairo'.

 Via my love for the well known and rather stomping remix of More&more&more, I somehow stumbled upon Mr Flügel's alias Roman IV (the housier side of his recordings). Amongst said stumbling, I found the beautiful breaks of 'Cairo', from the very hard to find 1995 Roman IV release


 As the track's stuttering break beat and bass line wiggle their way into the ear drums, luscious pads gloss gently over the groove and repeating vocal sample; adding a harmonious balance to a track which is heavy enough to be played in a peak time set or somewhere in the middle to keep them kids dancing (if you're at all arsed about that malarkey).

 Anyway, what I find interesting about the track is that it brings to mind the 90's rave nostalgia found in early Joy Orbison or Head High, which makes sense I guess... However, unlike those hep cats I am not ashamed to admit that in 1995 I was not munching pills, but eating mushed up Weetabix with bananas and watching morning repeats of Biker Mice on Mars.

On a side note, can we please have an international Roman Flügel day instead of all this Ed Balls?

No comments:

Post a Comment